The Digdarshan was the first Bengali Magazine in the Bangla news publication history. According to Wikipedia, this magazine was first published in April 1818 from Serampore by the initiative of the Serampore Mission. John Clark Marshman was the editor. In the same year, initiatives were taken to publish a magazine named ‘Samachar Darpan‘. During this publication, the missionaries have a different opinion among themselves. The four-page paper was Bangla-English Bilingual Magazine. Here Bengali and English were published together. Serampore journalists were able to develop their own languages system. It was a monthly magazine and there were many writings related to the history, geography, and science for the students. This was published in 26 numbers. It was closed after 1821.